Our mission statement, ‘Learning Together, Learning for All, Learning for Life’, is at the heart of our Trust.
Our vision is to remain faithful to the original key strategic intents set out by our Trustees:
- to develop schools at the heart of communities and ensure that the contribution of every individual is valued
- to offer all our children and young people access to the highest quality and trained staff and to ensure our facilities and resources are entirely fit for purpose
- to offer all the young people access to an ‘extended year’ through holiday clubs and before and after school activities
- to ensure all children and young people have access to an appropriate, challenging curriculum pathway with a clear aspirational destination
Please click on the headings below for further details of how our Governance Structure works:
New Bridge Multi Academy Trust was established in 2014 when the Members set out the Trust’s constitution and signed its Memorandum and Articles of Association.
Members of the Trust have an overview of the governance arrangements and the power to appoint and remove Trustees and Governors.
Our Trustees play a vital role in holding all our schools to account and are responsible for:
- establishing and steering the Trust’s clarity of purpose
- overseeing effective governance and decision-making
- scrutinising plans for growth or consolidation
- ensuring the Trust is financially competent and has a sustainable budget
- ensuring young people are making progress and gaining the best educational experience possible
- putting effective leadership in place and holding the executive leadership to account
- managing risk and ensuring the Trust is meeting all its statutory and legal responsibilities
The Trustees have a number of committees that are empowered to make decisions:
- Pay Committee
- Disciplinary Committee
- Appeals Committee
- CEO Performance Review
The Trustees meet every term and all committees and local governing bodies are required to report to them.
Each school within the Trust has 5 Accountability Boards:
- Business Board
- Personnel Board
- Standards Board
- Safeguarding Board
- Audit Board
The relevant Trustee chairs each board and is joined by members of each local governing body and the CEO. Every board meets at least once each term and Heads of Site and/or the appropriate Director(s) report directly to them.
Each school within the Trust has its own local governing body which is made up of:
- two staff governors, one being the Head of Site
- two parent governors
- three co-opted governors
The local governing bodies meet at least three times a year with meetings being held every term.
Our Scheme of Delegation sets out the agreed procedure for delegating the authority to make decisions within our Trust, please click here to view it.
The Trust has a formal risk management policy to assess business, strategic and educational risks and to implement risk management strategies. The process involves identifying the types of risk the Trust faces, scoring and prioritising each risk in terms of its potential impact, assessing the likelihood of occurrence and identifying means of mitigating the risk. A risk register is maintained and reviewed by the Audit Committee on a regular basis.
Please click here for details of the trade union facility time for the period 1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018.