CEO Update - 15.9.23 As the second week of the year comes to a close, I wanted to give you all an update on where I’ve visited and what I’ve been up to so far. It has been a pleasure to meet some more of our dedicated staff, parents and partners of our wonderful Multi...
Our gallery shows a selection of photographs from across our Academy.
A message from our new CEO, Clare John Hello and Happy Friday to you all, I hope the term has started well for you and your loved ones. I'm sure there have been plenty of nerves this week, but lots of excitment too, I hope. If you haven’t met me yet, or seen...
Summer Newsletters (July 2023) We have reached the end of another academic year! Please find all the latest newsletters from across the New Bridge Group and the New Bridge Multi Academy Trust here: New Bridge Group New Bridge Group Summer Newsletter 2023...
A message from our CEO, Graham Quinn You may have heard the news by now in the local press, but I wanted to share this with you all first hand... I received a letter a month ago. I've not been able to reveal the content until this weekend just gone. I am...
May Half Term Newsletter Summer 2023 New Bridge Group May Half Term Newsletter - Summer 2023 Please take a look at the New Bridge Group and Multi Academy Trust Half Term Newsletter, for a brief update on what's been going on this past half term! ...
Introducing Steve Williams, Chair of Trustees
Steve is chairperson of our trustee board and was previously Chair of Governors at Marland Fold School before it amalgamated with Park Dean and Hilltop School to form New Bridge School.
Steve has a wealth of experience with the Fire Service and is the spokesperson for Oldham on the Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Board.
Steve is in full time employment working the early shift at YODEL in Shaw, part of the Littlewoods Shop Direct Group in Oldham.
Steve is also an active Labour Party Ward Councillor and very much enjoys his work in the Hollins and Limeside area, making a difference to the lives of local people through supporting community work, training and development and family days out.
“Being chair of trustees for the New Bridge Multi-Academy Trust is by far the greatest and most fulfilling part of my professional life.
At New Bridge, we have a can-do attitude to everything that we do and work at a fast and exciting pace to ensure that our children and young people have the very best opportunities.
None of what we do is about egos or a need for recognition. Our passion drives our ambition. Our driving principle of ensuring the very, very best educational offer for every one of our children and young people remains at the heart of what we do”
The Trustees have established an overall framework for the governance of the Trust and they determine membership, terms of reference and procedures. Our Trustees play a vital role in holding all our schools to account and are responsible for:
- establishing and steering the Trust’s clarity of purpose
- overseeing effective governance and decision-making
- scrutinising plans for growth or consolidation
- ensuring the Trust is financially competent and has a sustainable budget
- ensuring young people are making progress and gaining the best educational experience possible
- putting effective leadership in place and holding the executive leadership to account
- managing risk and ensuring the Trust is meeting all its statutory and legal responsibilities
The Trustees have a number of committees that are empowered to make decisions:
- Pay Committee
- Performance Committee
- Finance Committee
- Audit Committee
- Complaints Committee
- Appeals Committee
The Trustees meet twice every term and all internal management boards, committees and local governing bodies are required to report to them.
Our Trustees are:
Please click on the highlighted names below to find out more about our Trustees:
There is one local governing body committee for each school within the Trust and each committee meets three times a year. Each local governing body committee is responsible for:
- ensuring that all young people within their school have access to a high quality education provision in line with the shared mission and vision
- monitoring the implementation of their school’s annual Development Plan, ensuring that it is delivering against agreed strategic and local objectives and moving the school and the Trust as a whole towards achieving and sustaining a regulatory judgement of outstanding in all areas
- ensuring that the academic and well-being needs of their young people are being met effectively through the design and delivery of a broad and balanced curriculum which, through the use of personalised, developmental support, helps to maximise each individual’s success and enjoyment
- ensuring all young people are safeguarded
- working towards the Trust’s collective published admission number (PAN) being full.
New Bridge Multi Academy Trust
Phone & Email
0161 883 2401