CEO's Blog - 9th December 2022 School Trips School trips used to be the highlight of the year for many children across the UK, partly because of how infrequently they happened. It was the novelty rather than the quality which made them special. That's not how we do...
Our gallery shows a selection of photographs from across our Academy.
CEO's Blog - 2nd December 2022 December is upon us and it's amazing how quickly this year is passing. It always feels like that, I suppose, but it never fails to surprise us. Looking around our schools and sites this week, everyone is really getting into the Christmas...
CEO’s Blog – 25th November 2022 In exactly one month’s time, it will be Christmas Day, the second Christmas since COVID-19 restrictions ended. It is amazing to think how quickly that time has passed, and how well our children, young people and staff teams have...
CEO's Blog - 18th November 2022 Remembering Joan Readyhough Joan Readyhough13th May 1932 - 22nd October 2022 In recent months, I have been using my blog to celebrate the achievements, learning and experiences of our children and young people throughout the MAT and...
CEO's Blog - 11th November After a couple of weeks when celebration has been on everyone's minds, where we have seen religious celebrations like Diwali take place, as well as other traditional events such as Bonfire Night and Halloween, it has...
“Accentuate the positive,
Eliminate the negative,
Latch on to the affirmative,
Don’t mess with Mr In-Between”
So sang Bing Crosby over 60 years ago.
It’s funny how sometimes, when I’m sat in meetings, certain song lyrics come to mind. These lines popped up, I’ve no idea from where, when our senior team was dealing with (yet more) news about a reduction in funding. So, I’ve decided for this week’s blog to deal only with the positives.
When we’ve faced challenges like this in the past, we have tackled them head on. We have driven the agenda. We have refused to settle for less. So that’s what we will do again. We will not bury our heads in the sand and hope the challenges miraculously go away. We will protect what we have built and ensure that our principles continue to shine through.
So, on to our positives..
- Spring Brook Lower – the largest number of the most amazing children in our history – amazing and loyal staff team – stunning curriculum design – amazing learning environments
- Spring Brook Upper – the largest number of the most amazing children in our history – loyal and resilient staff team – a ‘can do’ attitude – passion for working with youngsters with some complex barriers to learning
- Hawthorns – the largest number of the most amazing children in our history – incredible staff team – unparalleled access to high quality teaching and learning – unrivalled learning spaces and classrooms
- New Bridge School – the largest number of the most amazing children in our history – motivated staff team – stunning reputation for curriculum design and innovation – proven record of developing independence
- New Bridge Learning Centre – the largest number of the most amazing young people in our history – amazing pastoral systems – brilliant relationships – unrivalled personalised learning
- Hollinwood Academy – the largest number of the most amazing children in our history – totally committed and knowledgeable staff team – local, regional and national reputation of excellence
- New Bridge Medtia site (including pathways) – the largest number of the most amazing young people in our history – nationally acclaimed curriculum opportunities – stunning adult learning environment – record numbers of young people moving into employment and community placements
- Future Finders Employability College – the largest number of the most amazing young people in our history (it is our first year though, so spinning a bit here!!!) – innovation gone wild – fabulous employer engagement – nationally recognised employment outcomes
- New Bridge Horizons – the largest number of the most amazing young people in our history – impressive town centre premises – regionally and nationally acclaimed provision – quality assured innovative offer
The constant in all this – our young people and our families wanting what we offer. Families choose us because we believe in excellence. We thrive on innovation. We place our young people at the heart of all our decisions.
So, we’ll continue to innovate. We’ll continue to strive for excellence. We will drive the agenda and come out the other side.
Lauren, I’d be delighted to be called Mr In-Between!!
Have a great weekend everyone.
You can find all Graham’s previous blog entries here
New Bridge Multi Academy Trust
Phone & Email
0161 870 9386